Back to top
Skip to content
Skip to menu
Back to top
Back to main
Skip to menu
Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it worth it
Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it worth it
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 7:56 am
Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it worth it for our climate?
I've been reading about the benefits of undercoating for cars, especially in coastal areas where salt air can be an issue . I live in the MBZ City area but work out near ICAD, and I'm thinking of getting my new SUV protected. I know ICAD, or the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi , is a major hub for all sorts of automotive services, so I'm hoping there's a good specialist there. A proper undercoating can create a protective barrier against moisture and road debris to prevent rust on the undercarriage . I'm looking for a workshop that offers expert car undercoating service in ICAD, as I want to make sure they do a thorough job and don't just spray it over existing dirt, which can actually trap moisture and make things worse . Has anyone had this done in the ICAD or Mussafah area and been happy with the results? I'm particularly keen to know if they offer the rubberized or the oil-based spray and how long it lasts.
I've been reading about the benefits of undercoating for cars, especially in coastal areas where salt air can be an issue . I live in the MBZ City area but work out near ICAD, and I'm thinking of getting my new SUV protected. I know ICAD, or the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi , is a major hub for all sorts of automotive services, so I'm hoping there's a good specialist there. A proper undercoating can create a protective barrier against moisture and road debris to prevent rust on the undercarriage . I'm looking for a workshop that offers expert car undercoating service in ICAD, as I want to make sure they do a thorough job and don't just spray it over existing dirt, which can actually trap moisture and make things worse . Has anyone had this done in the ICAD or Mussafah area and been happy with the results? I'm particularly keen to know if they offer the rubberized or the oil-based spray and how long it lasts.

rowenanorwood- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: May 14, 2026
Re: Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it wo
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:54 am
On a brand new SUV it's worth doing early, before any surface rust gets a foothold. Salt air near the coast is the main enemy, and desert driving with a lot of sand blasting the underside doesn't help. Just make sure the underside is steam cleaned and fully dry before anything gets sprayed.

havershamwickenden- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Jul 29, 2026
Re: Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it wo
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am
Did it on my Patrol about three years ago and it's held up fine. Went with a wax-based coating and had it touched up once after a beach weekend. The shop showed me the underside on the lift afterwards, and that's how I knew nothing had been missed.

havilandwickham- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Jul 29, 2026
Re: Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it wo
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am
Rubberised and oil-based aren't really competing options, they suit different areas. Rubberised is good on the floor pan and wheel arches but can crack and trap moisture if it lifts, while oil or wax stays soft and creeps into seams and cavities. A shop that only offers one product for everything is cutting corners.

hawkridgewicking- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Jul 29, 2026
Re: Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it wo
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am
Be careful with factory undercoating on a new car, because some shops spray straight over the dealer's protective layer and the seams. Ask them what they clean off first, and whether they plug the drain holes and avoid the exhaust, brake parts and driveshaft. Overspray on those causes smoke and smell, and it also ruins brake performance.

haworthwiddicombe- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Jul 29, 2026
Re: Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it wo
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am
How often does the SUV go near the beach or off-road, or is it mostly a city commuter? And does it already have any underbody protection from the dealer? That decides whether a full coating is worth the money or a light wax spray with a yearly touch-up would do.

haydonwightman- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Jul 29, 2026
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT
To obtain your free evaluation copy of the KISSContacts software just email us your details
and we will provide a download link for you to Try Before You Buy, or you can order it in our Store
and we will provide a download link for you to Try Before You Buy, or you can order it in our Store
