Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2026 7:56 am Author: rowenanorwood Considering undercoating for my SUV in ICAD – is it worth it for our climate?
I've been reading about the benefits of undercoating for cars, especially in coastal areas where salt air can be an issue . I live in the MBZ City area but work out near ICAD, and I'm thinking of getting my new SUV protected. I know ICAD, or the Industrial City of Abu Dhabi , is a major hub for all sorts of automotive services, so I'm hoping there's a good specialist there. A proper undercoating can create a protective barrier against moisture and road debris to prevent rust on the undercarriage . I'm looking for a workshop that offers expert car undercoating service in ICAD, as I want to make sure they do a thorough job and don't just spray it over existing dirt, which can actually trap moisture and make things worse . Has anyone had this done in the ICAD or Mussafah area and been happy with the results? I'm particularly keen to know if they offer the rubberized or the oil-based spray and how long it lasts.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:54 am Author: havershamwickenden On a brand new SUV it's worth doing early, before any surface rust gets a foothold. Salt air near the coast is the main enemy, and desert driving with a lot of sand blasting the underside doesn't help. Just make sure the underside is steam cleaned and fully dry before anything gets sprayed.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am Author: havilandwickham Did it on my Patrol about three years ago and it's held up fine. Went with a wax-based coating and had it touched up once after a beach weekend. The shop showed me the underside on the lift afterwards, and that's how I knew nothing had been missed.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am Author: hawkridgewicking Rubberised and oil-based aren't really competing options, they suit different areas. Rubberised is good on the floor pan and wheel arches but can crack and trap moisture if it lifts, while oil or wax stays soft and creeps into seams and cavities. A shop that only offers one product for everything is cutting corners.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am Author: haworthwiddicombe Be careful with factory undercoating on a new car, because some shops spray straight over the dealer's protective layer and the seams. Ask them what they clean off first, and whether they plug the drain holes and avoid the exhaust, brake parts and driveshaft. Overspray on those causes smoke and smell, and it also ruins brake performance.
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:55 am Author: haydonwightman How often does the SUV go near the beach or off-road, or is it mostly a city commuter? And does it already have any underbody protection from the dealer? That decides whether a full coating is worth the money or a light wax spray with a yearly touch-up would do.All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 http://www.kissoftwaresolutions.com/